Pages

6.15.2011

Clean & Clear Finishes Mattifying Moisturizer Review

You have surely seen the skin care aisle and your eyes caught glimpse of the pretty case. Clean & Clear had extended their acne line and dabbled in normal beauty products. I say normal meaning those who are blessed with very few acne or acne-free who just want products that keeps down the oil or shrinks their pores. Clean & Clear came out with the Pore Perfecting Cleanser, Even Tone Cleanser, and the Finishes Moisturizer. Pictured above is one of the versions of the Finishes Moisturizer, the "mattifying" one.

Mind you, this isn't meant for acne-prone people. While it is oil-free, this will not help your acne whatsoever, this is purely to keep the oil at bay. I am acne-prone myself, but I stand by Clean & Clear (seriously, I've tried a big amount of their products haha) and dabble in products not meant for my type of skin (tans easily, VERY quick to oiliness and shine, bumps all along my jawline and various spots on my cheeks).

I purchased this at my local Rite Aid for about six, seven dollars. A little much compared to my four, five dollars spent on my normal acne-moisturizer, but price isn't a consideration right now. 

It comes in a very cute box with all the ingredients listed on the bottle. Comes with the bonus of SPF 15, so I don't have to slab on non-friendly sunscreen on my face (ones meant for the face are usually too expensive for me, but I'm trying to get used to splurging). It's not a pump moisturizer (like my acne moisturizers), so you can really make sure how much you want.

First impressions
First thing I noticed when I squeezed a bit out is that it's liquidy. I think that's good to spread about. The second thing is the scent. I'm used to chemical scents, so when I take a whiff, the scent is a bit thick. It reminds me of those deeply scented lotions and powders your grandma puts on. It doesn't bother me much since it fades quickly.

Application
The way I apply moisturizer is the Dot method: Dot of product on my forehead, dot on my cheeks, dot on my chin, then a tiny dot on my nose. Usually that's enough product to cover my whole face (I have a tiny face). I did the same thing with this and well... it didn't turn out well. While it's liquidy in form, when you spread it around, it spreads very well, but also gets thick. If you don't spread it quick enough, it forms this white cast over your skin. Seriously, it well turn you a few shades lighter. It also absorbs really quick, so you better have fast hands to cover your needed places. A little goes a long way in this example, so be careful not to overuse.

Aftermath
I have larger sized pores, so the way it sits in my skin kind of turns me off, however it does reduce shine pretty well. A little gives you a few hours of no shine. If you plan on a full busy day when you can't reapply, you may want to apply more and use foundation to cover up the white cast and there will be no face glistening. 

Warning, if you're only wearing the moisturizer, try not to rub your face too much. Since it absorbs so quick and leaves the white cast, too much rubbing with rub the cast off and make your face look like it's shedding. Now that isn't attractive, right?

So, overall pros & cons?

Pros
+ SPF included
+ Easy to use bottle
+ A little goes a long way
+ Keeps the shine away for hours
+ Thick sweet/floral scent (if you don't like chemical scents)

Cons
+ Absorbs VERY quickly
+ Leaves a white cast
+ Thick sweet/floral scent (if you don't like strong scents)

Overall, I think it's a really good product. It's going to be one of my daily products since powdering stops my skin from oil for maybe only two, three hours. I'm not entirely sure how it'll react with my acne, but if there's any problems, I'll edit this review to include my skin's reaction to daily use.

Thank you for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment